Friday, July 14, 2006

Heidi Klum wears short dress while pregnant, avoids bump disaster

I was going to answer reader questions today, honestly I was. But then I found these pictures, and I got distracted.

As I have observed before, Heidi Klum is one of those rare ladies who seems to love being pregnant. She looks absolutely beautiful.

She's taken great care of herself (a lesson for all fashionistas who are considering motherhood--myself included), and she was careful to lose all of her baby weight the last time she was pregnant.



I don't want to like this dress. It looks like Grandma's favorite chair in the parlor. It looks like curtains. It reminds me of a nightgown circa about 1991. It looks like something Bobby Trendy would add to his already-grotesque getup of a huge lacy collar and platform shoes. It's not good.



And yet she pulls it off. I can't stop looking at her face, her hair, her superbly done makeup.

Bravo, Heidi. It's certainly an improvement from last time.