Thursday, October 06, 2005

Our 100th Post!

Welcome to post #100! It's been a great ride so far, and by way of celebration, we decided to do something a little different. We get a lot of comments, emails, insults, etc. wondering what we're like. We personally feel that a little mystery is a woman's best asset, so we don't like to reveal too much. But we love our readers, so we decided to offer a little glimpse into Las F. You might think we're alike, but we're actually very different from each other. Below are a few favorites of the girls, complete with pictures of the Fashionistas, for the first time in history! Enjoy, dear readers!

Fashionista Cali
[I should tell you now that I've never been a good 'favorites' person. I have trouble picking one thing in each category that I like. And my interests change, especially in the music department.]
Favorite Actor: Sean Connery, Viggo Mortensen, Karl Urban. No nancy boys for me!
Favorite Actress: Liv Tyler, because she's beautiful and talented. Marilyn Monroe, for her singing and that archetypal vulnerability she displays. Catherine Zeta-Jones, because she's ridiculously talented. I loved her in Chicago. Angelina Jolie, based solely on her peformance in Playing by Heart. Reese Witherspoon.
Favorite Movie: Love Actually, Lord of the Rings [I never, ever get tired of watching it]
Favorite Band: Hmmm...maybe Ben Folds Five, Jewel, Alanis Morrissette/ Anything accoustic, with musical integrity. I'm also a huge fan of classic choral music.
Favorite Book: Lord of the Rings, Chronicles of Narnia, the Starbridge series by Susan Howatch, Harry Potter. I read these books again and again and again.
Favorite Article of Clothing: A good pair of jeans, a good little black dress. Anything that makes me feel hot.
Favorite Food: I've never met a food I didn't like.
Favorite Destressing Activity: Sex, [did I say that?!] writing, walking, talking with friends
Favorite Beverage: Red wine, a very dirty vodka martini with three olives, bottled water. Really. I love good bottled water. I keep a case of it in the trunk of my car at all times.
Favorite Thing to Do With Your Significant Other: Reading books, visiting with each other, playing bocce ball, going jogging, watching movies, goofing off. We're the best of friends and do lots of chummy things together.


Fashionista Jersey
Favorite Actor: Clive Owen. Just because he's hot, and he was great in Sin City.
Favorite Actress: Judi Dench
Favorite Movie: Fight Club
Favorite Band: I could never pick just one, but my top four in no particular order are Bjork, The Who, Jimmy Eat World and System of a Down. Number five is usually a wildcard for whatever I love at the time. Right now it's Dave Matthews Band.
Favorite Song: "Baba O'Riley" by the Who
Favorite Book: Great Expectations
Favorite Article of Clothing: I have a black tee shirt from Old Navy that I've worn into the ground. It fits like a polo, but without a collar. It's perfect for layering.
Favorite Food: My mom's eggplant parmesan.
Favorite Destressing Activity: Yoga, or just hit the gym. Yeah, FYI random anonymous person, I do go to the gym. All the time. Also coloring - I'm a child at heart.
Favorite Beverage: Tazo Chai Lattes. And Power Vitamin Water. Oh, and Dr. Pepper. I like a lot of things!
Favorite Thing to Do with Your Significant Other: Sex - did I say that?!?! We like to pretend it's a quiet night at home, but then after dinner just blurt out something completely random. One time it was, "Let's go to Ikea!" And we did. We pretended we lived in the display rooms, we picked out the furniture we'd have in our dream home, we just goofed around. It was a great time. Come to think of it, I think goofing around is one of our absolute favorite pasttimes. Especially in public.