Monday, May 15, 2006

Daytime Emmy's Best & Worst

To be honest, I'm not so sure that I even care who brought home the bacon at the 33rd Annual Daytime Emmy Awards, but I will take any excuse I can to dissect the best and worst dressed of the glitterati.

BEST


Kelly Monaco: Of course she's going to look stellar---afterall, she co-hosted the show! Monaco channels Grecian Goddess with this sexy and confident gown. I absolutely love the color and the details accent, rather than overwhelm.


Rachael Ray: What a delightful color! The Pamela Dennis dress is uber classy and the flower succeeds in creating a focal point, yet is not gaudy. Rachael's hair and makeup are also lovely and natural. But I wonder, Rachael, when did you sprout boobs???

Dayanara Torres: You've managed to combine simplicity and elegance, achieving a perfect result. This dress is white-hot and the unique gathering at the top of the dress is quite pretty. I will also compliment your evenly tanned body, thankful you had the smarts to leave the orange at home.

Bobbie Eakes: It's a little over-the-top, but in a good way. This dress reminds me of old-Hollywood glamour. The feather boa is a fabulous accessory, but Bogart on your arm would have been so much better.

WORST

Tyra Banks: Your dress is lovely and lacy, but pockets and formal wear don't mix. And what's with the white shoes??? Did I miss something? Even if it were post-Memorial Day, white shoes should never be worn with a dark colored dress. You have an entourage....didn't they try to stop you?

Ashley Jones: Scissor Sister, you've sheared way too much and left too little to the imagination. This dress is wrong on so many levels, I don't even know where to start. I think the belly button hole is the worst part. And where does the neck tassel fit into the equation? Yuck.


Susan Lucci: Have you been borrowing Ashley's scissors? The pantyhose holding your dress together is wrinkled. Or maybe it's a run. Either way, it's not cute.

The View: Which side should I begin with? Meredith, it's 2006, not 1970. Star, what's with the silk floral arrangement in your decolletage? Barbara, past a certain age, it is not acceptable to bare shoulders at formal event. Joy, haven't I seen that shirt on you before? Elizabeth, did you visit an Idaho potato farm and "all you got was this stupid potato sack?"

Photos compliments of Fashion Wire Daily and Reuters.