Wednesday, October 11, 2006

Product Review: Benefit's Eye Bright and High Beam

Is the changing weather making you feel tired? Hit the gym! Are you looking tired? Are your eyes puffy and droopy? The best way to combat the under-eye circles is to help the light catch the area around your eyes. Light colors around the eyes bring the eyes out instead of causing them to look sunken.

Pick up Benefit's Eye Bright, $18, available at department stores and Sephoras everywhere.

I've been wanting to try this product for a long time, but the price seemed prohibitive. I finally decided to spring for it anyway, and I'm glad I did. It's a light bright pink color which sets it apart from other concealers that typically have a yellow base. It applies very smoothly over regular makeup. I use it all around my eye area, upper and lower. It stays on for most of the day, but if you're an obsessive primper like me, then I recommend keeping it in your purse for reapplication purposes. Apply on your lash line, right below your eye, and especially in both corners of the eye. Blend carefully.


Final verdict: it's a handy little tool if you're willing to spend $18. However, I suspect there are concealers that can do the job just as well for less.


High Brow, on the other hand, is more of a must-have. This product goes along your brow line and is designed to help accentuate your brows. I love it!

It lasts all day without any need for reapplication. It brightens my entire eye area. It effectively eliminates the little red veins above your eyes on the brow bone. It makes a huge difference, I think. Apply in an upside-down Nike shape along your brow and blend.


Final verdict:
Definitely worth the $18. Give it a try if you're looking to highlight your eyes.