Wednesday, January 04, 2006

Product Review: Nars Orgasm Blush

Twinklehooves asks:

I have very fair skin and dark hair and eyes (think Anne Hathaway's coloring). I know how you advocate the use of blush and I'd love to get some more color in my face, but I can't figure out how to find a shade that doesn't make me look like a perspiring cherub. Any tips?




Well, Twinklehooves, I might have just the thing for you. I recently discovered the Nars Orgasm Blush. This holiday season, Sephora was selling it te blush along with matching lip gloss as a boxed gift set, aptly and naughtily named the Multiple Orgasm set. I laughingly sent the link to my husband, but I never imagined it would end up in my stocking!

Several girls I know have raved about this product. The set is currently out of stock at Sephora, but you can buy the blush individually here.

After a few weeks of use, I'm writing this review as a complete Nars convert. Not only has this blush lived up to all the raves I've heard and then some, but it's well worth the price. Unlike other blushes I've used, it looks good with anything and EVERYTHING I wear. I don't have to change blushes based on the other eye or lip colors I choose for that day. It's the chameleon of color, accentuating your pretty cheeks no matter what color you wear on your body! How many other blushes out there have had that said of them?

The blush goes on smoothly and is slightly sheer and shimmery. How natural the color is depends on how much you apply.


If you're looking to really avoid the 'perspiring cherub' look, then treat yourself to a good makeup brush. This blush brush is $20 at Sephora, and from what I understand, brushes of this quality last a long time. (I'm currently saving my pennies to purchase my first high-quality set of brushes. I work with makeup enough to make it worthwhile!)

Hope this helps you, Twinklehooves! Happy blushing!