Friday, December 23, 2005

Product Review: Tutti Dolci Bath and Body

When I was in college, I used to wear this scent called "Vanilla Fantasy". My roommate introduced me to it, and we used to go around wearing it together. The guys LOVED it! Now, thanks in no small part to "Dumb is the New Black" Jessica Simpson (and I say that lovingly), dessert-flavored scents are really popular right now.

Finding the right scent was a personal mission for me. I sampled Jessica Simpson's Dessert line, and I didn't like it. It was too cloying. But I really wanted a luxurious body lotion. The Body Shop's Body Butters came close, but none of them had quite the scent I wanted.



I had almost given up hope when I stumbled, quite by accident, across Tutti Dolci. Available at Bath and Body Works, it's a line so indulgent I was sure that putting it on my body alone would cost me calories! I tried several flavors before settling on Sugar Wafer, pictured at right. I bought the scrub as well as the body souffle. I use the scrub in the shower. Since it's quite oily (in a very pleasant way), I've used it to shave my legs. My skin doesn't react well to shaving, and I find that the scrub leaves the legs much smoother than shampoo or even hair conditioner, my previous favorite choice for shaving. Call me weird if you want--I do what works.




Anyway, back to business. The body souffle, as I already mentioned, is QUITE decadent. It leaves your skin feeling pampered, and the scent I chose, Sugar Wafer, is sweet without being too cloying.

Maven's verdict: If you love indulgent, rich scents, Tutti Dolci is right for you! It's well worth the price and a must for any pampered princess!