Saturday, December 31, 2005

What should we all wear tonight?


One of our readers asked for suggestions on what to wear for New Year's Eve. I would have answered sooner, but I've been busy celebrating my 25th birthday! New Year's is a special day. It only comes once a year, after all! For all you starlets who are planning on ringing in the New Year in style, a little glamour is absolutely de rigeur.

This is not a night to dress conservatively or tone down your makeup, hair, or jewelry. New Year's Eve is a night of fantastic potential, a night of outrageous hopes, the forging of dreams and plans to ensure your future happiness! It's a time to celebrate the best life has to offer with those you love, and to lay plans for a bright and happy future. With this in mind, cast off your typical jeans and silk camisoles! This is a special night.

So let's say, just for fun, you're going on a dinner and dancing cruise for the evening. Maybe you're going to a cocktail party. I love this Anna Sui number at left. It's glamorous and enough off the beaten trail that you'll feel special. What about accessories? I love pearls. I'll take any chance I get to wear those wonderful, luminous orbs. However, this dress would also look lovely with big gold earrings and a matching gold necklace. Wear what makes you feel like a princess!


What if you're off to a decadent bash overflowing with Veuve Clicquot? I favor this outfit from DKNY. As with the previous dress, it's different than your everday party wear. It's special. It's unique, just like this evening.

Don't be afraid to try something new! Recently I bought a halter top from INC that I never would have typically picked up. It is black with gold sequins on the front. It looks smashing, and I laugh when I think that I only tried it because my mom insisted it would be a good choice. I was shocked at her suggestion because I've avoided the sequin craze like a bad plate of sushi!

Whatever your plans, have a wonderful and safe holiday! We're so thankful for your ongoing readership.

Happy New Year!