Wednesday, December 28, 2005

Product Review: Teeth Whiteners that Won't Break the Bank!



Most people dream of having whiter teeth. OK, I dream of having whiter teeth. I didn't want to take the time to do the Crest Whitening Strips, and professional whitening is quite expensive. I needed a quick alternative.

I've been using whitening toothpastes for a long time, but I only recently discovered Crest Vivid White Toothpaste. It definitely made a difference! Within a few days my teeth were whiter. Note, though, that I'm an obsessive brusher--I'll be 25 this month, and I've only ever gotten 1 cavity. I brush about 4-5 times a day, so that might have had some affect on the effectiveness of this product. Still, at $3.69 a tube, you don't have much to lose.




I also discovered the Rembrandy Whitening Wand. I keep it in my purse and use it occasionally. This little wand does a fabulous job. It's more expensive at $12-14, but if you're serious about brightening your pearly whites, I'd go for it.

Disadvantages: If your teeth are sensitive to heat or cold, you'll want to use whitening products sparingly, as they do increase temperature sensitivity.

Maven's verdict: If you want to whiten your teeth, these products are a definite go.

Note--both of us are going to be really busy in the next few days. F Jersey is getting ready to go abroad, and F Cali is enjoying some time off in preparation for her 25th birthday on Friday! So, we aren't ignoring the questions--we're just not posting a lot right now! Stay tuned!