Thursday, December 14, 2006

F. Maryland's Wish List

Jingle bells, jingle bells, jingle all the way! Oh, what fun it is to go wish listing today, hey!

I have to admit, at the risk of sounding completely materialistic, I want a lot of things! However, by the time payday rolls around, most of my money is spoken for. That doesn't leave much room for splurging. So, in hopes someone else will feel like splurging on me, I have composed this list and thrown practicality out of the proverbial window.

1. J.Crew cardigan (jcrew.com). I am in love with this sweater! I was instantly hooked, because penguins are one of my favorite things. I like the simplistic cuteness of it. I have developed a collection of interesting cardigans, and I love wearing them because they are so easy to work with. Dress it up with a skirt, or dress it down with a pair of jeans. You can't lose.



2. A magazine subscription to Real Simple (realsimple.com). I can't even count how many times I have discovered a helpful hint while flipping through an issue of Real Simple. Many of my friends are subscribers, and they say it's worth every penny. Not to mention, it's so aesthetically pleasing. I would pay simply for the pretty pictures every month. Their graphic design team deserves a gingerbread latte!




3. Andy Warhol flower watch (urbanoutfitters.com). Checking the time would be the highlight of my day, with this funky watch from Andy Warhol. I don't like pulling my cell phone out every time I want to check the time. So, I always find myself on the quest for a watch that I will actually wear, and that fits my personality. This is the one for me! Too bad the price tag reads a whopping $150. Who knows? Maybe Santa is feeling generous this year.


4. Tom's Shoes (tomsshoes.com). Since my friend introduced me to the lovely land of Tom's Shoes, I have been aching to have a pair for myself! These fun, simple slip-ons are more than just a cute pair of Saturday shoes. They are also part of a cooler-than-cool charity organization. For every pair of Tom's you buy, a pair is given to a child in need on your behalf. Blake Mycoskie (Designer, Chief shoe-giver) modeled Tom's after a traditional Argentine shoe. They are available in lots of patterns and colors. I'd like a red pair.

5. Last, but not least, I'm wishing for a white Christmas. For once in my life, I'd love to bundle up and take a walk on Christmas day with snowflakes falling all around. Even now, I hear a little voice in my head saying "in your dreams!"

So, what? This is a wish list, and dreaming is the point!