Monday, December 04, 2006

The Next Big Thing: Shelfari


Having visited many of our commenters' blogs, I can tell that many of our readers are well-read, interesting people with more on their minds than just fashion and celebs.

Though we generally tend to write about clothes and make-up, we like to take the time every once in a while to point you to particularly good magazines, books, music and websites.

Shelfari is exactly the type of website a well-read fashionista might enjoy. Shelfari is like a virtual book shelf where you can show the world and share with friends what you are reading, what you have read in the past, and your personal opinion of the books on yours and others' shelves. It's a cool way to get book reviews from real people and connect with people reading the same things you are.

Best of all, it's free and it's fun!

(In the interest of full disclosure, I must say that I am old friends with one of Shelfari's founders, though he didn't ask me to write about it. But I didn't think that knowing one of the founders was reason enough to not share how cool I thought this site was with all of you!)

Happy reading!