Tuesday, August 29, 2006

Emmy Fashions

Well! I have a confession to make. My hubby and I don't own a TV, and therefore I'm not always up on the latest celeb awards/promo of the newest 15-minute darling until the day after it happens. But I have to say, dear readers, I love the fashion aftermath. I was highly encouraged by F. Nashville's retouching piece. There's something vindicating about realizing that these people are just like us.

I don't have any theme with these pictures--I just posted what I could find. Some are trainwrecks, others are poetry in motion.






I can't decide how I feel about this number. Tyra is a beautiful woman, but mermaid skirt?? The bigger problem, I see, is the nude fabric underneath. For some reason it makes her look bigger than she is.


Paula Abdul looks like she ripped off the curtains from Bobby Trendy's dressing room.

Now...these pictures I LOVE. Love. Heidi and Seal are beautiful together, and she looks beautiful too. I love her hair, I love her smile, I love the elegant crows-feet, I love her understated makeup.
Did I mention they're beautiful??

Every time I see Eva Longoria, two thoughts come to mind: 1) "Good grief, won't she go away? and 2) I think of this. Swan lake, anyone? All she needs is a feather hair ornament.



And then there's Minillo. Words fail to describe what I feel about this dress. I'll leave it to you.



What about you? Any great frocks or great trainwrecks? Share them in the comments!