Monday, August 28, 2006

Sephora Update

Thanks for all the Sephora suggestions, gals!

I ended up purchasing:

-Stila Illuminating Tinted Moisturizer (We--the gals at the store and me--actually liked the texture and coverage better than the more traditional foundations I was also trying.)

-Sephora All Over Skin Pressed Powder in Warm Nude

-Stila Convertible Color (lipstick and blush in one) in Gerbera

-Sephora French Tips and Toes Manicure Pen

I wish I would have bought:

-Stila Lip Glaze Sticks in Apricot (because it was the perfect pinky-peach shade...I'm off to order it online!)

As a self-professed make-up cheapskate, I can say I was pleasantly surprised at how much higher quality the more expensive make-up is. It lasts longer on your skin, and the pigment is more intense than your average drugstore brand, so you don't need to use as much. Sometimes you really do get what you pay for!

Special thanks to Priscilla, at the Anaheim Sephora store, for an awesome makeover and all the great tips! She helped me find the right colors for me, took her time to make me look great, made me feel like I was the only customer in the store, and showed me how to apply foundation and blush just the right way for my face. Thanks!