Thursday, June 08, 2006

Product Review: Sephora Lip Marker and Flash Plumping Gloss

I've always liked lip stains. I like having some color stay on my lips all day. However, I've noticed that the Benetint, while by far the superior stain of those I've tried, tends to stain everything else, including teeth and clothes. While I was at Sephora the other day I found an alternative--lip markers!

These chubby markers are great. At $10 each they're a somewhat affordable addition to your lip wardrobe (Benetint is $26). Best of all, there's no mess. They don't last as long as your traditional stain, but I think that it's worth it. In addition, they come in a variety of different colors so you can match them to your skin tone and the colors you're wearing each day.

My tip: Buy a couple of different markers and pair them with a lip plumping gloss like The Balm , Lip Venom, or Sephora's own Flash Lip Plumper. This will create a sheer look perfect for these summer days!

I'd never read any feedback at all on Sephora's name brand, but I've always observed that it's cheaper than a lot of the other brands Sephora carries. When I noticed they had a plumping gloss for a paltry $12 I decided I had to try it. This gloss works just as well as the Lip Venom. It doesn't smell or taste quite as nice, but it creates the desired effect. My lips definitely felt and looked fuller after a few uses, and I like the tingly stinging feeling I get when I wear it. If you want to have fuller lips without breaking the bank then this is the gloss for you!