Tuesday, January 17, 2006

Golden Girls (and Guys)

With brief interlude (only to say I'm thrilled about Reese and Joaquin winning Globes!) here are the absolutely best dressed people to grace the red carpet last night. Before that, let me ask - do men even need to try? Throw on a tux and you're done. It hardly seems fair. Women have to bring it new and different every event and yet be stylish every time to win our hearts. Yet another reason why I'll come back as a man in my next life.

1. Charlize Theron. I spent a few minutes trying to figure out if that was her skin under the sheer layer or another layer of fabric, but either way, she looks stunning as usual. Damn her.
















2. Jamie Pressly. As we previously reported, Jamie is really learning how to strut it with the best of them, and this gown proves it. She knows how to take advantage of her to-die-for figure, and her hair really says Hollywood glam.















3. Sandra Oh. I especially love the color of this dress, one of the few in which I felt she has worn that I could take her seriously. It reminds me of some kind of nautical creature, but I can't remember which one.
















4. Jamie Foxx. One of the few men who stood out enough to be recognized (in a good way). Black on black had been done before, but this black on what seems to be royal purple is new. I like it. But the indoor sunglass wearing has got to go.















5. Zhang Ziyi. This may be an unpopular one, but color aside, that dress is gorgeous and she looks gorgeous in it. Now, considering the color, it's admittedly not my favorite, but she really stood out without having to put on a swan (sorry, Bjork).















6. Kyra Sedgwick. The rich color is lovely, and the gown itself is nice, but she could have used a little more top. It's not like you're breastfeeding, honey. Regardless, I thought she looked quite nice.
















7. Eva Longoria. I hate this chick, but I'll be damned if she doesn't look good. She wears classic red very well, and I like the hair down. Most people assume a black-tie event means an updo, but well-coifed hair worn down is just as formal.















Coming up tomorrow is Red Carpet Evil: "When Bad Dresses Happen to Good Women" Edition.