Thursday, October 20, 2005

A Dearly Departed Guilty Pleasure

Austin wrote in and asked if we knew anything of what has happened with Jerry Hall and Seth now that Kept has ended. For those of you who did not watch the show, a bunch of American guys competed in a reform-school contest to see who got to be Jerry's kept man. And for those of you who, like me, did not know what a kept man was, it's basically a guy that Jeri gets to keep around like a lap dog, give expensive gifts and have her lusty way with. Aside from the fact that Jerry Hall is not the most attractive woman I've ever seen, it seems like a pretty good deal.

The show stipulated that whoever won would get to spend a year in London, living off the fat of Jerry's riches. Seth ended up the winner, and to be fair I really liked him; he is absolutely hysterical. He's a little too wild for my milquetoast lifestyle, but he seemed pretty good for a woman who was once married to Mick Jagger. My personal preference would have been Maurizio. How hot is he? I was so upset when she sent him packing I almost decided not to watch the show anymore, but I think we all know I have no self control when it comes to VH1, and I watched it to the end. So, what's going on with them now? I could tell you, but instead you can read Seth's blog, realitytvmyass.blogspot.com. And how interesting that he's in the same little corner of the internet that we are! Anyway, it's a truly good read, especially for the few behind-the-scenes aspect of the show. And he rips on Ricardo, which I have been waiting to do for a very long time. I noticed, however, that he didn't mention Jerry much. I guess you know what that means. For a particularly good laugh, check out how he describes a traditional English breakfast on July 12. He was funny on the show, he's funny on his blog.

Then, when you're done with that one, click over to Austen's blog and read his. A little drier, but occasionally worth reading. I especially loved his diatribe about Ricardo on July 1st. So, to answer the original question of what happened after the show wrapped: most likely, not much.