Tuesday, September 06, 2005

Gwen Stefani has an Inner Chubby Kid


According to the excellent Kat Giantis of MSN Entertainment, Gwen Stefani struggles with her weight.


"I'll never be one of those women who says, 'I look like this because that's how I am,'" Gwen tells Grazia magazine. "I work out a few hours every day. It takes a lot of effort for me to look like this. If I slack off, it really shows. That little chubby kid starts coming out and I have to rein her back."

Not surprisingly, she's having some trouble letting go of her pudgy past. "I still think of myself as a fat little dorky kid from Orange County desperately wanting to be cool," Stefani admits. "I wasn't a prom queen or cheerleader. I was 10 pounds overweight and wore my odd little clothes."

While the No Doubt frontwoman later grew out of her awkward stage ("the weight shifted up with me and I guess I was pretty popular") and eventually fulfilled her cheerleader dreams in the "Hollaback Girl" video, she admits there's still one goal she's yet to achieve, namely having a baby with husband Gavin Rossdale.

"It hasn't happened and that's something that isn't under my control," she says. "I would like it to happen, of course I would, but I have an amazing husband and career so I'm not complaining."


All of this makes us at Las F disposed to like her even more than we already do. We decided she needs a post all to herself because she is Just. That. Hot. And she likes babies, and wants one of her own. And now we know she's just like us, except hot, and rich, and famous.

Actually, we ARE hot. We're so hot we can't even post our own pictures for fear all the boys in the world would beat down our doors. The Shining Intellects get much boys.

We're famous thanks to you, dear readers! So spread the word around to all the blawgs far and wide, and we'll keep posting hot pictures of Gwen in all her Inner Chubby goodness.